UCU London Region Solidarity to
College of NW London
Ealing Ham W London
No Job Cuts! No TU Victimisation
Please support the London Region UCU Day of Action this Wednesday 28th June to show solidarity with all those branches in the region who are in dispute.
Ø Support College of North West London – on strike THIS WEDNESDAY to Defend sacked UCU Rep Indro Sen!
Ø Support Lewisham and Southwark College – lunchtime protest THIS WEDNESDAY against massive job cuts!
Ø Support Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College - on strike THIS THURSDAY against redundancies!
What you can do:
· Visit picket lines, send delegations and banners to branch protests – all dates, times and addresses below
· Send messages of support to CNWL: Colin.Purkey@cnwl.ac.uk, Lewisham & Southwark: Pascale.Herreman@lscollege.ac.
uk and Ruth FishmanRuth.Fishman@lscollege.ac.uk, EHWLC: Matthew Cookson firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of disputes:
College of North West London
- You will recall Sen addressed the UCU congress and informed you then that the Branch was then in the middle of an ERS ballot. We are happy to inform you that following a favourable ballot with 83% prepared to take strike action under the new draconian law, union has called our branch for two days strike action in support of Sen. This is despite our members having to face uncertainties over their jobs due to the impending merger planned to take place on 1 August 2017, subject to ministerial approval.
- We will be striking on Wednesday 28th June 2017 and Saturday ( enrolment day) 1 July 2017. The addresses for picket lines on the 28 June are College of North West London, Brent NW10 2XD ( nearest tube Dollis Hill Lane ( main campus) and at wembley Park , HA9 8HP. For 1 July picket will only be at Willesden Campus.
- This will be the third and fourth day of strike action that members have been called on to take strike action in support of Sen. Members remain resolute despite receiving threatening and intimidating letter from our Principal Andy Cole.
- Following Sen's address to Congress, we would like to thank all those Congress delegates who has supported our campaign by signing our petition and making donations at the conference which was over £500.
You can support us further by:
· Signing the petition, which is now 1238 strong at : https://www.
· Sending messages of Support to our branch Chair Colin Purkey, at:Colin.Purkey@cnwl.ac.uk
· Donations from your branches can be made at : https://www.justgiving.com/
· Sending messages of Protest to : the Principal, Andy.Cole@cnwl.ac.uk and copying it to Sen at email@example.com
and Colin at Colin.Purkey@cnwl.ac.uk You may find some of the comments put down by the petitioners useful in deciding what to write.
· Hold lunch time demonstration in support of our fight and send us pictures that we can then pass on to our members.
· Send delegates to our picket lines on the strike days to College of North West London Brent NW10 2XD and let Colin Purkey know if you can send a delegate on either of the days.