Breaking The Frame Interrogating Digital Capitalism #2
Digital Technology as Heavy Industrial Technology: iSlavery, Conflict and Environmental Destruction
September 6th 2017, 7.15pm. Feminist Library meeting room, 5 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7XW
Digital technology is often seen as ‘immaterial’ and ‘smart’, defining a new industrial and social paradigm. Yet digital gadgets are produced within an ‘old-fashioned’ highly exploitative regime - conditions in Chinese electronics factories, such as Foxconn, were brought to international attention by a wave of worker suicides in 2010. The industry creates massive environmental destruction, makes a major contribution to climate change and helps generate violence and conflict in Africa.
Jack Linchuan Qiu (Chinese University of Hong Kong, author of Goodbye iSlave), will describe the campaign for workers' rights at Foxconn and other Chinese electronics factories.
Nina Isabella Moeller (Manchester University) will discuss the environmental impact of digital technologies.
email@example.com via lists.riseup.net
Interrogating Digital Capitalism #2: Introduction, Dave King (Breaking the Frame)
Nina Isabella Moeller (Manchester University) discusses the environmental impact of digital technologies.
url: url: https://youtu.be/GDTfj7Z6kY8
Interrogating Digital Capitalism #2: Jack Linchuan Qiu
- VIDEO Stand Up for Education:
- VIDEO:Climate Change and Fuel Poverty:
- VIDEO: GET ORGANISED!
- VIDEO: Campaign Against Climate Change Trade Union...
- Lucas Plan conference 26/11/2016
- Video: Climate Change Refugees conference 11/2/2017
- VIDEO: Breaking The Frame Interrogating Digital Capitalism #2
- VIDEO: CaCCTU fringe meeting at TUC Congress 2017.
- VIDEO: LONDON FEDERATION OF GREEN PARTIES Housing conference 21 October 2017 .
- Green Party Trade Union Group (GPTU) Annual Genera...
- "Jobs and Climate: Planning for a future which doesn't cost the earth" conference on 10th March 2018.
- Senator Andre Lewis, President of the Trades Union...
- Trade Union Liaison Officer report to London Federation of Green Parties 2018