Subject: Fringe at TUC Congress in Brighton - The Legacy and Lessons of
Grunwick - 12 September 2016
FRINGE at TUC Congress - GMB Grunwick40 Exhibition – “Trade unions
still under attack”*
2016 is the 40th anniversary of the Grunwick dispute when workers, mainly
Asian women, fought for their dignity by joining a trade union for better
wages and to oppose racism at work.
Come along and be inspired at a reception to launch the GMB Grunwick40
exhibition that celebrates strong, resilient Asian Women trade unionists,
showing solidarity in action and highlighting the attacks on trade unions
today – 40 years on – we are still under attack.
*Monday 12 September. Lunch time 12.45 to 14.00*, *West Wing Bar, Brighton
Chair Kamaljeet Jandu, GMB National
Speakers include *Tim Roache, GMB General Secretary*
*Jack Dromey MP, Joint leader of dispute and secretary of Brent Trade Council*
* Taranjit Chana, GMB Community activists *
- VIDEO Stand Up for Education:
- VIDEO:Climate Change and Fuel Poverty:
- VIDEO: GET ORGANISED!
- VIDEO: Campaign Against Climate Change Trade Union...
- Lucas Plan conference 26/11/2016
- Video: Climate Change Refugees conference 11/2/2017
- VIDEO: Breaking The Frame Interrogating Digital Capitalism #2
- VIDEO: CaCCTU fringe meeting at TUC Congress 2017.
- VIDEO: LONDON FEDERATION OF GREEN PARTIES Housing conference 21 October 2017 .
- Green Party Trade Union Group (GPTU) Annual Genera...
- "Jobs and Climate: Planning for a future which doesn't cost the earth" conference on 10th March 2018.
- Senator Andre Lewis, President of the Trades Union...
- Trade Union Liaison Officer report to London Federation of Green Parties 2018